Youth Theatre Online Resources
Whilst our youth theatre workshops are suspended to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are sharing weekly updates with theatre related online resources for our youth theatre. We’ve added the newsletter here in case it’s helpful for others too!
Week 1: 23/03/2020
We are really going to miss seeing you all each week! We hope that you are well.
So we can keep in touch while our workshops are suspended, and share theatre related resources, we are sending this weekly update!
We know many families are struggling financially at this time, so if you’d like us to share any links to financial help that might be available do let us know.
Funny Girl: This week’s play screening
Funny Girl is based on the life of Broadway star, film actress and comedienne Fanny Brice (a role made famous by Barbra Streisand) and her tempestuous relationship with entrepreneur and gambler Nick Arnstein. This classic musical and critically acclaimed production features Sheridan Smith in “an unforgettable star turn” (The Times) and a host of iconic musical numbers including ‘People’, ‘I’m the Greatest Star’ and ‘Don’t Rain On My Parade’.
Inspirational online resources
- Papatango Theatre Company have online writing workshops for those interested in playwrighting
- Replay of live lessons from the Royal Shakespeare Company focusing on Romeo & Juliet:
- British Museum Virtual History Tour (not strictly Arts but really cool website to explore):
- Stage shows, musicals and opera you can watch online now for free
- Virtually visit famous icons round the world and view collections from major museums
- This is just a really interesting website full of cool videos called The Kids Should See This – check it out!
Remember our innovative Instagram TV project? Check out I And You starring Games of Thrones’ Maisie Williams!
Hampstead Theatre will stream their 2018 show I And You on Instagram for a week, from 10.00 on 23 March to 22.00 on 29 March. The Lauren Gunderson show will be free to watch on @hampstead_theatre or @lalatellsastory
Self-Tape Advice for Auditions
If you are auditioning at drama school this year and have had your auditions change from face to face to self-tape, do let us know so we can send you advice on self-taping for auditions.
Looking forward to sharing more theatre resources in the next few weeks. We’d love to hear from you, so do keep in touch with your thoughts and ideas for these updates. If you have anything interesting you’ve found online that’s Arts related, do share with us, and we can add these to our weekly update so everyone can enjoy.
Ruth, Matt and Matty x