Youth Theatre Online: Love Song
Whilst our youth theatre workshops are suspended to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are sharing weekly updates with theatre related online resources for our youth theatre. We’ve added the newsletter here in case it’s helpful for others too!
Week 6: 27/04/2020
Live Artist Q&As
Don’t forget our online live Q&A with theatre maker and LAMDA graduate Rosa Hesmondhalgh about Creating and Devising Your Work has been postponed to 11th May.
In the meantime, to help you prepare your questions for our Q&A, please watch the video of Rosa’s play Madame Ovary, filmed during her production’s run in Edinburgh (sent via email).
We’ll also do another online chat at 3.30pm on Monday 4th May – lovely to catch up today!
Love Song: this week’s play screening
Lovesong intricately weaves the story of a couple in the first stages of their life together with the same couple as they approach the end of this story. A delicate mix of storytelling and physical theatre, this production was captured by Digital Theatre live at the Lyric Hammersmith, London.
Inspirational online resources
- Middle Child are screening Us Against Whatever performed at Hull Truck (many of you will have seen this when we performed Anything But This) last chance to catch tonight – plus Middle Child have their final week of writing challenges for all you playwrights
- The National Theatre are screening a different play every Thursday. This week is Twelfth Night, Shakespeare’s whirlwind comedy of mistaken identity featuring Tamsin Greig – plus they have a monthly theatre quiz we can all join in with, alongside some famous faces!
- Andrew Lloyd Webber is sharing his musicals online with The Show Must Go On – one every Friday for 48 hours
- The Gate Theatre are streaming The Unknown Island until 30th June
- Hampstead Theatre are streaming past shows and their most recent is Tiger Country
- Get your theatre fix from Official London Theatre, listing mostly FREE theatre shows streaming online
- Forced Entertainment are performing End Meeting For All – a fragmentary online work in three short episodes, each taking the form of a Zoom meeting for three Tuesday evenings 8pm
Looking forward to sharing more theatre resources next Monday and catching up on our online chat at 3.30pm. What did everyone think of Into The Woods?
Very best wishes,
Ruth, Matt and Matty 🙂