Youth Theatre Online: Iphigenia In Splott
Whilst our youth theatre workshops are suspended to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are sharing weekly updates with theatre related online resources for our youth theatre. We’ve added the newsletter here in case it’s helpful for others too!
Week 4: 14/04/2020
Live Artist Q&As
Our online live Q&A with theatre maker and LAMDA graduate Rosa Hesmondhalgh about Creating and Devising Your Work has been postponed to 11th May. Instead we will be doing our own online workshop for an hour on Monday (20th) so we can all catch up. More details to follow!
In the meantime, to help you prepare your questions for our Q&A, please watch the video of Rosa’s play Madame Ovary, filmed during her production’s run in Edinburgh (sent via email).
Iphigenia In Splott: this week’s play screening
Gary Owen’s reworking of the classic Greek myth of Iphigenia is here moved to Cardiff. Effie, a typical discontented ‘youth’, finds herself in a situation that makes her rethink her entire life.
Inspirational online resources
- Middle Child are screening their Hull show All We Ever Wanted Was Everything They also have a third week of writing challenges
- The National Theatre are screening a different play every Thursday; this week is a five star production of Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre
- Andrew Lloyd Webber is sharing his musicals online with The Show Must Go On – one every Friday for 48 hours
- Useful website for signposts to interesting theatre and music online content
- Poet Luke Wright is doing live spoken word performances online every night at 8pm
- The Little Angel Puppet Theatre’s version of the Jon Klassen children’s book I Want My Hat Back is showing online; beautiful simple storytelling
Looking forward to sharing more theatre resources next Monday and catching up on our online chat. What did everyone think of The Crucible?
Very best wishes,
Ruth, Matt and Matty 🙂